League Patron Sponsors
Please patronize our wonderful sponsors and let them know you appreciate them helping our league!
Summer of Freedom is FTSC’s intra-club league and DC’s first and only LGBT (straight friendly) soccer league. We are very excited to bring together the various FTSC groupings – pickup and league, upper and lower divisions, women and men – and mix it up with new friends. Straight allies are welcome.
We are excited that Summer of Freedom is about to start! Find out which squad you will represent at our opening party, Tuesday, June 6, starting at 6:30 PM at Nellie’s Sports Bar. League games will begin Tuesday, June 13, running through August.
Limited individual registration remains for female players for the 8th FTSC Summer of Freedom will open to FTSC members on Tuesday, March 28th. Register here! If you have missed the registration, you can register as a Reserve Player using the same link. Teams look to the Reserve List when regular players cannot make the game.
Twelve teams will be set up and led by a female captain, a male captain and a team manager. Using a snake-draft to ensure skill equity across all the teams, team leaders select team members. For the low FTSC Member registration fee of $75, you will be guaranteed:
- placement in a recreational/social Coed 9v9 Summer league
- Tuesday evening games in Columbia Heights
- 8 regular season games
- 1 play-off match
- the possibility for your team to play a 10th game for the Cummings SoF Championship Cup
- the possibility of winning a $300 bar tab and the Napolitano Miss Congeniality Trophy for the team that exhibits graciousness and sportsmanship throughout the season
- to be entertained by an ExDRAGaganza soccer match between the fiercest Queens and butchest Kings ever!
- A Summer of Freedom jersey to treausure forever & ever
- and most importantly, the opportunity to make some new friends
- NO sliding tackles.
- NO jewelry.
- Shin Guards are REQUIRED and must be COMPLETELY covered by your socks.
- Games are 9v9 with two 25 minute halves.
- Maximum 6 players of a particular gender allowed on the field at one time.
- Minimum 6 players to start the match.
- Offside is enforced.
- 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie, 0 for a loss.
- Maximum Goal Difference recorded in the standings for any one match is 3.
Location: The majority of games will be at the Columbia Heights Educational Campus on their quality turf field at 3201 Hiatt Pl NW. This is the field behind the DC USA (Target) complex, steps from the Columbia Heights Metro station. Nearly all other games will be played at Cardozo High School.